Everyone has heard that dance and exercise are the best things you can do for yourself. As a refresher, here are five benefits you may have forgotten.
1. Dance is good for depression and your mental health. Cardio exercise releases a cocktail of the feel-good endorphins including dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. These are the chemical that promote happiness and well being.
2. Dance strengthens your heart, your bones, your veins, your lungs, your immune system, your lower back, your joints, your skin tissue, and your brain. Can you name one other thing that does so much?
3. Dance is creative and connects you to something more than just the physical world. Being creative helps you solve problems and is good for your physical and mental health. It’s gets you out of your head and into your heart and soul, a place where magical things can happen.
4. Dance is fun and you feel accomplished after finishing a class and routine. This gives you more energy, self confidence and makes you happier all around.
5. Dancing is the fountain of youth. While all exercise is good for the body, studies have shown that dance is the best for the body, mind, and spirit. Not only do you use your body, the musicality, pattern recognition, and self expression of dance uses the mind and raises your spiritual vibration.
So what’s stopping you from dancing?
Make some room, Zoom in, and move!